What is Section 3?
The purpose of Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968 is to foster local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement and individual self-sufficiency. As part of Section 3, TMHA seeks to connect public housing residents, HCVP participants, YouthBuild Program participants and other low-income individuals to employment opportunities in their area.
Who is Section 3 available to?
To qualify as a Section 3 resident you must meet one of the following standards below.
- Be a current Public Housing resident, HCVP participant, a YouthBuild Program participant, or a participant of another federally-assisted program.
- Live in the Youngstown-Warren area and certify that your household meets the Trumbull County low-income or very low income limits established by HUD.
To become a registered Section 3 resident:
- Download & Submit the Section 3 Registration Form
- Complete a separate form for each household member who wants to be registered as a Section 3 resident
- Keep contact information current by submitting any changes to email@example.com